We are building out our mobile team! Poplar’s Mobile team will make the rental real estate experience painless and easy by developing an industry-leading real estate app for iOS and Android. Using the latest technology in app development, our mission is to bring the best possible rental real estate experience so our owners lease their homes faster and get better returns, and renters find and enjoy living in a home they love.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, highly analytical, user-focused Mobile Product Manager to join the Poplar Product team. As a Product Manager dedicated to mobile experiences, your job will help define the strategy for our iOS and Android applications and own the development of best-in-market user experiences.
- Collaborating with prospective users and clients to understand and anticipate their needs and translate them into mobile product requirements.
- Defining product vision, road-map and growth opportunities
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria
- Managing the product backlog and prioritizing them based on changing requirements
- Overseeing all stages of product creation including design and development
- Monitoring product progress at each stage of the product development process
- Leading Product Team Meetings and product sprints
- Providing direction to the development team and stakeholders throughout the project
- Ensuring that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Leading the planning of product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Providing an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Responsible for innovation and end-to-end delivery/launch of products.
- Working with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders, including analytics, design/user experience, engineering, and other key players in the company.
- Turning data insights into products with actionable outcomes to the ultimate customer.
- Working in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
- Developing, owning, and executing product roadmap.
- Identifying areas of improvement.
- Keeping customers and stakeholders informed of the status of the product
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Deep care for the customer, proactive, outcome-oriented.
- Ability to maintain a keen attention to detail, multitask and work well under pressure
- Team player who collaborates well with others
- Working knowledge of product development architecture
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Ability to work with large teams
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
- Experience with user empathy and running in-person user tests
- BS in Business, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar relevant field
- At least 1-year experience in Mobile Product Management and/or Product Development
- A record of successfully bringing new products to market
- Experience with Agile / Scrum
- Good knowledge of software development and other relevant web technologies. Has proven hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle