Position Description: Do you want to design products and create meaningful experiences using words?
You might just be our next UX Writer.
As a UX Writer, you will be a member of the UX Team in the Engineering Department. You will work closely with the UX Designers, UX Writers, Product Managers, Software Engineers, QA Engineers, and the rest of the product teams.
Remember that being a UX Writer is more than just writing. Overall, your main goal is to make Poplar more intuitive and functional for thousands of homeowners and renters in the US.
- Provides microcopy for design prototypes
- Reviews and improves on existing content and microcopy in Poplar products & features
- Helps in brainstorming the content needed in prototypes (ex. You’ll help in deciding what kind of content will help the user complete their tasks on the web app)
- Helps in designing user flows and creating customer journey maps
- Writes transactional emails & SMS, scripts for web chat, product tours, product update emails, etc.
- Helps in planning and executing User Research projects and initiatives
- Follows and contributes to Poplar’s Content Design Guide (CDG), a collection of guidelines for writing and designing Poplar’s products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications, Marketing, or any related field
- 2 years experience in Technical Writing or user-centered digital product writing (Please bring a portfolio of your writing samples in these disciplines)
- Experience in Content Strategy
- Background in User Research principles
- Previous or related experience in UX is an advantage
Other Desired Attributes
- Project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Displays mature ability to manage time
- An excellent team player (By that, we mean someone who can successfully cultivate a good working relationship with people of diverse personalities and backgrounds across all levels of the organization)
- Has a good growth mindset
- Someone who identifies with our core values: integrity, responsibility, respect, grit, intelligence, and innovation